- App allows authentication by fingerprint or facial recognition (March)
- Return of entered data to electronic records in units piloting
- Launch of PatientView Mobile App (iOS) on the Apple App Store, plus several feature updates
- Launch of PatientView Mobile App (Android) on the Google Play Store, plus several feature updates
- Result graphing enhancements on web and mobile to allow for vertical scaling and forward projection.
- ‘My Media’ module for mobile (and read-only version for web). Allows uploading of images and videos related to your condition to your PatientView account, with the option of sharing with a staff member via PatientView secured messaging.
- Upgraded servers
- APIs for patient and unit data released
- Third factor logins compulsory for staff
- Over 50,000 registrations
- Available to patients in 71 of the UK’s 74 adult renal units, plus in some centres, patients with IBD, Diabetes, Heart Failure.
- New system for GP logins implemented
- Addition of optional ‘secret word’ to login security
- Introduction of symptom scorers and surveys for IBD, Heart Failure; and survey results inside Renal.
- Generic PatientView now offers ability to show data for any condition; and patient or an admin can add info links for any condition.
- API streamlines data transmission options
- Access to GP prescribing extended to all Scotland
- Ability to download data added
- Heart Failure pilot
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease added (from Salford pilot)
- Launch of PatientView 2 (PV2). Better presentation for mobile devices, new functions, summarised here, but more being added.
- Second research Publication about PatientView.
- GP Medicines (from ECS/ SCR) piloted in addition to Medicines from Unit. Online opt-in mechanism to allow this. Method for feedback to units to highlight any issues.
- Graphs added as alternative to results table.
- Renal PatientView becomes just PatientView.
- Diabetes PatientView launched, fully integrated with Renal, so that if you have both conditions you can flip between them.
- Secure messaging piloted in Edinburgh (funded by EU Sustains project, with Scottish Government)
- New appearance for PatientView. Wee boy replaced by buff young man. (see blog)
- Solid State Group contracted for web development
- ‘My IBD’ project for Inflammatory Bowel Disease developed using PatientView architecture
- Discussion Forum opened (closed 2013).
- First Health publication about PatientView see news blog.
- Serious discussions about making PatientView available other specialties.
- No longer a minority activity: 8 centres have more than 50% of patients on dialysis or transplanted registered.
- Over 17,000 registrations
- Project shows that it doesn’t need to be senior staff who recommend PatientView (recruitment toolkit).
- How To videos.
- PatientView users meeting, Manchester [7th September 2010], attended by over 100 patients and staff.
- Enter your own… allows addition of your own bp, glucose, weight values, and comments.
- Renal Plus; Birmingham local system;
- LFTs and iron added.
- Over 6000 registrations in 29 units.
- News module added.
- Meet the developers meeting in Edinburgh.
- eMed interfaced.
- 3300 patients registered.
- RPV wins one of 5 Connecting for Health prizes for eHealth developments, at CfH meeting in Leeds.
- Vitaldata (Vitalpulse) integrated.
- Official launch of Renal PatientView as national project.
- Following very positive feedback RIXG agrees to extend project to make it available to all UK renal units.
- January: working pilot in two units, later extends to 4 (all units using Proton)
- Renal PatientView pilot commissioned. Worth Solutions and Vitalpulse commissioned to develop web and unit end of the system.
- RIXG first comes together and discusses how to improve IT resources for renal patients.